Re: Wanted: EC info from OZ

I've never replied to myself before...

Dann Pigdon wrote:

> I'm in the process of compiling a list of EC non-dinosaurian
> fossils from Victoria, Australia. At the moment I have the following
> info, at:
> http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/4459/seozenv.htm

Lots of research later, and I've managed to expand the table (and remove a few
question marks). The ages (and locations) of Boola Boola and Devil's Kitchen are
still a mystery, as is the age of the Merino formation. Some more specific
questions are:

Invertebrates: Does anyone know of the common names of some of the inverts in my
table (like "wasp", "ant", "beetle" etc)? I've also got fleas, earthworms and
horseshoe crabs listed - am I duplicating then with the more specific terms
elsewhere in the table?

Fish: What was Koonwarria manifrons? Is it still valid?

Plants: There are several species in the table I can't identify. Does anyone
know some of the missing common names?

Any refs after about 1993 would also be greatly appreciated. My map may also be
a bit erroneous. Moonlight Head is a bit of an embarassment for me -
there's a major archaeological site there excavated by my old honours year
supervisor. I'm only guessing where it is.

Sorry about such a heretical post that doesn't directly mention dinosaurs.

        Dann Pigdon
        GIS Archaeologist
        Melbourne, Australia

        Australian Dinosaurs: