RE: Proceratosaurus

I'm relatively certain we have talked about Proceratosaurus before.

In short:
It is a partial skull from the Middle Jurassic of England.

Greg Paul & I are just about the only people to consider it's phylogenetic
position.

Greg considered it the sister taxon to _Ornitholestes_.

In my Gaia paper, it comes out as one of the basalmost coelurosaurs.  In the
Ostrom Symposium (which admittedly uses fewer taxa and characters), it shows
up as... the sister taxon to _Ornitholestes_ (and the position of this whole
clade bops about between being basal coelurosaurs and basal maniraptorans).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite