Leapin' Dinos, Batman!

Let me finish this thread off in my interpretation,

  Matt's argument for the unlikelyhood of a hopping or
ricochetal lifestyle in *Marasuchus* is certainly
sound, based on the shear puniness of the calcaneal
tuber as compared to that of true hoppers and such.
While a biomechanical analysis on lagosuchids and
comparison to hoppers et al. would need to be
performed for a proper perspective, it can be certain
that *Marasuchus* is more in the dinos' ballpark, and
not *Macropus*'. Essentially, I agree with Matt; I
would have liked to see that post of his that went off
into the ether ... but that's the net, this is life
(or some of it, anyway) and I think we've both made
our points.

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden

Qilong---is temporarily out of service.