Yimenosaurus correction, update

To: dinosaur@usc.edu
From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org
Subject: Yimenosaurus correction, update

In working up the new entry for Yimenosaurus for the
Pronunciation-Translation Guide on Dinosauria On-line, I
noticed a goof in the translation of the citation I posted
last week. The article title in fact refers to Yimen (the
county) rather than Yuxi (the prefecture or region) in
which the fossil was found in Yunnan Province. Blame a
misreading of my handwritten notes on the photocopy of the
Chinese article. Anyway, here's a more accurate
translation of the title of the article (authors and
journal title remain the same):

Bai Ziqi, Yang Jie & Wang Guohui, 1990. A new genus of
prosauropod from Yimen (Yuxi region) of Yunnnan Province
[Yunnan Yimen yuanxijiao lei yi xin shu]. Yuxi Cultural
Organization [Yuxi Wen Tuan] 1: 14-23 +  Plate 1.
(October 1990)

My apologies--heck, if NASA can mix up pounds and newtons,
and fry a $125 million dollar spacecraft....

Additional information about Yimenosaurus: 3 sacral
vertebrae; humerus 3/5 length of femur; tibia 2/3 length
of femur. The authors classify this critter as a member of
the Plateosauridae, which seems a bit questionable given
the unusual high and short skull, very reminiscent of a
primitive sauropod.