Re: Walking with Dinos

--- dbensen <dbensen@gotnet.net> wrote:

> If they had digitized bird flight, for
> instance, and then plugged that
> into the pterosaurs, it would have made them more
> convincing.

Convincing in what way?  If you mean "familiar," that
may be a seductive methodology, but not really an
appropriate one if the goal is to accurately restore
the animal's behavior.

For instance, I suspect that the dynamics of pterosaur
flight were in fact substantially different from those
of most birds.

So: pterosaurs flying like birds may be more pleasing
to look at, as we are used to seeing large animals fly
that way, but if the animals simply weren't configured
to fly like birds, why show them as such?

=====
Larry

"I've been ionized, but I'm okay now."