Re: Walking with Dinos

>>So: pterosaurs flying like birds may be more pleasing
to look at, as we are used to seeing large animals fly
that way, but if the animals simply weren't configured
to fly like birds, why show them as such?<<
 I said that bit about modeling pterosaurs after birds under false
pretenses.  I was under the (apparently mistaken) assumption that birds
and pterosaurs flew in a similar manner.  Since they didn't, it wouldn't
work to digitize bird flight.  However, the pterosaurs in Walking With
Dinosaurs didn't seem to be manipulating the air at all, so my point
that the desingers should have paid more attention to their flight is
still valid.

Dan