Re: sauropod necks-buckaroobwana is back! ha ha ha ha ha !!

>>So how then did Camarasaurus get the water that it would certainly have
>>needed?
Or is my "would certainly have needed" is error, with dinosaurs having a
non-permeable skin (???), eating vegetable matter with enough water content to
sustain them (???) and expending so little water via waste disposal?<<
I wondered about that too, when I read the Discovery article.  Did Camarasaurus
live
in a dry, desert-like environment? Did its ancestors?  Maybe, the water-saving
adaptations nessisary for living in a desert would have allowed Camarasaurus to
develope a neck that reached higher than it could otherwise.

I'm going out on a limb here, but it COULD happen.

Dan