Re: Walking with Dinos

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Febo <larryf@capital.net>
To: dbensen <dbensen@gotnet.net>; majestic_cheese@yahoo.com
<majestic_cheese@yahoo.com>
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Friday, October 08, 1999 8:05 AM
Subject: Re: Walking with Dinos

>Like I just replied to Larry  Dunn (except forgot to "reply to all"). I`d
>like to see some of the smaller pterosaurs portrayed that way. Perhaps we
>have to define our terms here...What exactly do we mean pterosaurs didn`t
>fly "like" birds. Hell, some birds don`t even fly like other birds!
>
>It seems easy to say because they are phylogenetically "different" that
they
>must have flown differently.

Just correcting my own post here ....what I meant was most published
phylogenies which place pterosaur roots in the Triassic and Avian ones in
the late Jurassic. (of course I think differently, and am trying to show
that they had a common origin in the Triassic). ...In case I just made it
more confusing for some, check out my website where I have "summarized" my
thoughts on this subject: http://www.capital.net/~larryf/