could / did sauropods drink?

I see that the "how could sauropods drink?" thread has surfaced again --

My understanding is that the "dinosaurian" water metabolism was probably
like modern birds' and unlike modern mammals'
-- i.e. water-efficient as opposed to water-wasteful  (see Colbert if I
remember correctly. This may have helped dinos edge out other critters in
the generally-dry Triassic) and therefore sauropods quite possibly got all
the water they needed from their diet,  *did not need to drink*,  and did
not need to be constructed so that they could.

Does anybody know offhand if there are conspicuous differences in the
amount of water birds lose in respiration vs. mammals, and if so why?

Jeffrey Willson <jwillson@harper.cc.il.us>