Re: fighting raptor

Thom Holmes wrote:
>There was a paper by Unwin, Perle, and Trueman in 1996 describing this
>fossil, which was unearthed in 1981, I believe. I'll get the complete ref
>and post it.

You're mention of Unwin tipped me off---the reference (I think) you were
referring to is:

Unwin, D.M.; A. Perle and C. Truman. 1995. Protoceratops and Velociraptor
preserved in association: Evidence for predatory behaviour in dromaeosaurid
dinosaurs? Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 15 (supplement to no.3):
57A-58A.

Thanks.

Pat