Re: could / did sauropods drin

>>Under the assumption that sauropods had as much water in their food as

gerbils and tortoises have, water intake is proportional to food eaten,
which is proportional to food required, which is proportional to
metabolic rate.
{snip}
The only advantage I can think of for small animals is their ability to
find shade, avoiding the need to spend water in thermoregulation.  But
that's a different can of worms.>>

I stand corrected.  So sauropods COULD get enough water for life
processes
by eating the food they would have to eat anyway for nutrition
(depending
on their metabolism), but isn't part of the equation the water present
in
the plants?  I would think that pine needles (the only things edible
that
high up) aren't  full of moisture.

Dan