The millennial dinosaur

I haven't read all the recent correspondence, so forgive me if this whining
has happened before.

It gets up my nose that the new Sinornithosaurus is called millenii. Yes,
that's right, THEY SPELLED IT WRONG. The authors explain carefully that
they are naming the dinosaur in honor of the "millennium". Yes, they spelled
that one correctly, IN THE SAME SENTENCE. I don't get it. Could they really
have been that sloppy? or is this come obscure Chinese joke? Is the rest
of the work sloppy too?

ANd while I'm blasting off here, doesn't Nature have a skilled and dedicated
set of editors and proof-readers? Tsk, tsk. Henry?

AND WHO REVIEWED IT?

That feels better.

Richard Cowen