Re: Specific names

Michael de Sosa wrote:

> Wow!  Thanks Fred!
>
> Is there a website or other resource that gives the translations in
> as much detail as these?  I imagine some of the stories behind
> dinosaur names might be pretty interesting.

I don't know about dinosaur names specifically, but y'all might like
this site:

http://www.best.com/~atta/taxonomy.html

It lists as many really interesting taxonomic names as could be found.
There's a spider genus named Oops, a pine tree named Pinus rigidis, a
beetle named Agra phobia, and so on.  Who says taxonomy is dreary and
boring?

enjoy,

chris

--