Millennium

Sorry, let me say that more temperately.
The name "millenii" was specifically linked in the Nature paper with the
"millennium" in the sentence in which the name was introduced. So there is
no hint of a "distributive suffix" to the word "mille" for thousand. The
name is allegedly derived from the compound Latin word millennium, so
it should have been spelled "millennii".

Now all this is basically trivia. The name is the name, and that's that.
Personally, I would hate to have my name associated with an etymological
mistake that is, when all's said and done, elementary. However, we live
with it, and soldier on. When we write "millenii" we have to resist the
temptation to spell it the automatic way. Worse things happen at sea.

Cheers

Richard