Re: Specific names

In a message dated 10/14/99 2:09:38 PM EST, tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu writes:

<< The new version of the Dinosauricon (due out in a few weeks --really, this
 time -- I hope) will feature meanings of specific names, when I know the
 meaning, anyway. >>

You must take great care to read the original papers for this; do not rely on
popular or second-hand accounts, which continue to be riddled with errors.
And even going to the original source may not be of much assistance in some
cases. E.g., I have all the papers that Cope ever wrote about _Agathaumas
milo_, and nowhere does he tell what aspect of the specimen the _milo_ might
refer to.