Re: Specific names

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/14/99 2:09:38 PM EST, tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu writes:
>
> << The new version of the Dinosauricon (due out in a few weeks --really, this
>  time -- I hope) will feature meanings of specific names, when I know the
>  meaning, anyway. >>
>
> You must take great care to read the original papers for this; do not rely on
> popular or second-hand accounts, which continue to be riddled with errors.

I'd love to do that. Unfortunately, I have to get the site back up this
month, not October 2003. I've only included meanings when I'm fairly
certain of them, and I only give literal meanings with little comment on
etymology, so there shouldn't be too many, if any, errors.

P.S. Has this Archaeoraptor been described anywhere or is it a _nomen
nudum_?

--T. Michael Keesey
tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu | THE DINOSAURICON: http://dinosaur.umbc.edu/
AOL IM:   RicBlayze | WORLDS:    http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~tkeese1/