Re: Little skulls...

At 11:50 PM 10/12/99 -0700, Jaime A. Headden wrote:

>  The two skulls (both with snouts, partial orbits,
>lower jaws, and one (not pictured in several articles
>describing the find) with a partial braincase) were
>found associated with the broken fragments of eggs
>next to the fragment preserving the embryo. Norell et
>al. state that the skulls demonstrate a degree of
>ossification comparable to the ovi embryo, suggesting
>these were either hatchlings or embryos. ...

Hatchlings, eh?

I now have a new hypothesis!  Dino-cuckoos.  These dromaes were hatched
from eggs laid in the Oviraptor nest by the female dromae, in a manner
similar to the way a cuckoo lays its eggs in the nests of other species of
bird.

[Now: how do we distinguish this scenario from them being food ?]