Dinosaur Paleopathology Bibliography available @ SVP'99.

For those of you who have been following the progress of the dinosaur paleopathology bibliography over the years, I am pleased to announce that it is now ready. :)

891 citations and almost 300 pages long, the bibliography covers tooth and bone pathology of dinosaurs and related topics such as mass mortality, fossil blood, insects as vectors of disease, disease evolution, pathologic eggshell and footprints, CT-scan, MRI technology, etc. It is unillustrated at present.

Virtually all references are fully annotated and cross-referenced. The bibliography is subdivided into two indexes, one by family/genus and then, secondly, by topic. This is the first attempt at a dinosaur paleopathology bibliography and has received praise from the few colleagues who have seen it so far.

I will have copies of the bibliography available on 3.5" floppy disk in Word 98 format at Denver SVP. Cost per copy is $25.00 U.S. I will also have a paper copy at the conference for perusal, but I don't know where it will be displayed at present. If desired, copies can be sent post SVP, via email for a reduced price of $20.00 U.S. Upon receipt of cash or bank clearance of your cheque/money order, I will email the copy to you. Make cheques/money orders payable to the "Dinosaur Paleopathology Bibliography".

If interested in an email copy, email me at: dtanke@dns.magtech.ab.ca

The cost of the bibliography is to cover costs incurred during its development. ALL monies received will go towards the second version of this bibliography- a planned CD-ROM version with an expanded bibliography and color photographs of pathological dinosaur bones/teeth/eggshell/footprints.

I see several geological puns recently. I add one here:

 "Where were you when the Vishnu schist hit the alluvial fan?"

Darren Tanke
(currently in Bozeman, Montana)