We want Amphicoelias

"Allan Edels" <Edels@email.msn.com> wrote:

Samuel, et al:

    The vertebra was 2.4 m tall (around 8 foot tall).  It was called:
_Amphicoelias fragillimus_ :

    My references say that the specimen (one bone) was badly damaged (but
nearly complete) when found, and it was the 9th or 10th dorsal vertebra,
and that
it was lost during transference of Edward Drinker Cope's collection to the
Academy of Natural Sciences of Phila. (ANSP).

Where was this collected? (If we can't locate the first specimen, then ... )

Jeffrey Willson <jwillson@harper.cc.il.us>