Re: We want Amphicoelias

My references say that the specimen (one bone) was badly damaged (but nearly complete) when found, and it was the 9th or 10th dorsal vertebra,

I don't believe it was complete, at least after they pulled it out of the ground. I thought a dorsal neural arch was all that was known for _A. fragillimus_. Now, of course, it's even less complete since it's gone (presumably for ever).

Tim

and that
it was lost during transference of Edward Drinker Cope's collection to the
Academy of Natural Sciences of Phila. (ANSP).

Where was this collected? (If we can't locate the first specimen, then ... )

Jeffrey Willson <jwillson@harper.cc.il.us>