Re: UV vision

Ralph Miller wrote, in part:

>there is a high likelihood that many extant animals have sensory functions
and behavioral regimes that we are only just beginning to understand...<

It certainly may be.  Two books I've recently read that touch on this topic
are _Animal Minds_ by Donald R. Griffin (Un of Chic Press, 1992) and _The
Animal Mind_ by James and Carol Gould (WH Freeman and Company, 1999).
Another that is coming out in February is titled _Rattling the Cage_ by
Steven Wise, which is a discussion of the legal and philosophical
implications of demonstrable cognition in non-humans.

Pat