Re: Dwarf Allosaurs (was Re: Archeoraptor Article)

Dann Pigdon wrote:

This has got me thinking. Could the prevalence of dwarf allosaurs (between 4
and 6 metres ) in southern Australia

The astragalus from the Early Cretaceous of Cape Paterson in SE Australia, referred to _Allosaurus_ by Ralph Molnar, may not be _Allosaurus_ after all. I haven't seen anything in print, but at last year's SVP somebody (Dan Chure from memory) presented a strong case against including this specimen in _Allosaurus_. The astragalus did come from some form of tetanurine though, but not _Allosaurus_.

Tim