Re: Holistic pterosaurs

dbensen wrote:

>Here's a interesting idea.  What did pterosaurs _look_ like, as a
>whole?  What would you see in general shape if you looked up and saw a
>bit one above your head?  How did pterosaurs look as they were flying.
>How did they (especialy the big, long-necked ones) hold their arms and
>legs?

This reminds me of a Cretaceous scene depicted by Gregory Paul in the book
"Earth and Life Through Time." In one edition, the two _Quetzalcoatlus_
individuals flying in the background had their necks extended like cranes.
In another edition, their necks were contracted like pelicans.

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog
Mines and Geosciences Bureau
Philippines