Re: Fighting Archaeopteryx

>  From: Grant Harding
>
>  First of all, how about two _Archaeopteryx_ fighting, suspended in
midair, lashing out with their (possibly hyperextendable-second-toed) feet,
feathers flying everywhere.

I've noticed that ever since dromaeosaurs and troodontids have received
prominence both in the paleontological community and general public,
there's been depictions of just about any (eu)maniraptoran with an extended
second toe, _Archaeopteryx_ included. My questions is, did the feet
structure of these taxa allow such as posture?

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog
Mines and Geosciences Bureau
Philippines