Re: new Madasgascar : dating problems

All:

    According a few accounts that I've read, slightly more derived
rhynchosaurs had been found in another layer that had been radiometrically
dated to 238 mya (I believe that these finds were not very close by, but
still on the island).  The considered opinion was that the new more
primitive rhynchosaurs _had_ to be at least 2 my older.

    Of course, the accounts I've read might be wrong, or slightly
misinformed.

        Allan Edels