Re: SVP, the TADLGT, and more ...

In a message dated 10/26/99 3:07:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
qilongia@yahoo.com writes:

>  hadrosaur worker extraordinairre ... Tim Holtz -- or
>  should I say Clade-Man? ... Ralph Chapman ... Scott
>  Hartman ... and a few others. Oh, Mary, Luis also
>  contributed to the prizes.
Oops, sorry to have inadvertently left Luis out of the
thank you's.  His prints were very well received.

>  the auction. Anyone going to the DNMH, don't miss the
>  *Daeodon* (mislabeled as *Dinohyus*, but it hasn't
>  caught up with the times) life restoration model --
>  that thing is huge, and the drool and snot are _real_
>  touches. You don't get a sense of the animal until you
>  see it up close, that and the cast of its skull in the
>  next room. I never thought I'd say this, but
>  entelodonts are _cool_!!
There were many unscientific comments on how many ham
sandwiches this creature would provide.  It looked like a
cross between a wild boar and a javelina, on a much larger
scale.  I have pictures of Jaime and the others drooling back
at Daeodon.

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com