Re: New abelisaurs (Re: DGL #115)

In a message dated 10/28/99 4:32:17 PM EST, NJPharris@aol.com writes:

<< So _Ilokelesia_ (Neuquén Group) is *another* new abelisaur, distinct from
the
 subject of Coria's SVP poster "A primitive abelisaur from the Río Limay
 Formation (Upper Cretaceous) of Patagonia"?>>

Can't say for sure without having the paper in my hands. Considering they're
both authored by the same person, it is certainly possible they're the same
taxon. The title of the paper only talks about ornithopods, not about
theropods; _Ilokelesia_ is noted more or less tangentially in the paper.

<< And presumably also distinct from Chiappe's nearly complete abelisaur from
 Auca Mahuevo (Río Colorado Fm.)?  Geez; we're up to our ears in abelisaurs!

Right. _Ilokelesia_ didn't appear to be particularly complete in photo of
specimen I saw.