Re: ARCHAEORAPTOR

"Ahmed al-Mahasa Sha'ad" <am_shaad@hotmail.com> asked:

> Am I to undersatnd correctly that ths Archaeoraptor really is a
> fake?

No, you are not to understand that.  Perhaps it is and perhaps it
isn't.  Nobody has presented enough evidence here to cause a
reasonable person to conclude that it is.  The word "fake" was an
injudicious choice by one of our subscribers.  Please do *not* allow
this list to be a source of scurrilous rumors.  If you can
substantiate an allegation of fossil forgery feel free to do it here.
If you cannot then do not lead others to draw unwarranted conclusions
about chicanery.

Thanks for your cooperation,

--
Mickey Rowe     (rowe@psych.ucsb.edu)