RE: New abelisaurs (Re: DGL #115)

The Rio Limay Fm is the lowest part of the Neuquen Group.

> << And presumably also distinct from Chiappe's nearly complete
> abelisaur from
>  Auca Mahuevo (Rmo Colorado Fm.)?  Geez; we're up to our ears in
> abelisaurs!
> >>

> Right. _Ilokelesia_ didn't appear to be particularly complete in photo of
> specimen I saw.

"Ilokelesia" (NOT formally named yet, but soon goddammit...) is much more
incomplete than the really cool new Rio Colorado specimen.  (Incidentally,
the Rio Colorado Fm. is the uppermost part of the Neuquen Group; and for
completeness sake, the Rio Neuquen is the middle part).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite