CT-SCANNED ARCHAEORAPTOR

George wrote...

> Would be interesting to see what Tim (or is it Tom? :-) Rowe might
> do with CT scans of the Archaeoraptor slab...

Somewhere near the end of SVP, I happened to overhear Bob Bakker and
S. and S. Czerkas talking about _Archaeoraptor_. I said to Bakker
"Rumours are going around that the thing is a chimera". All
three vehemently denied this suggestion, and Stephan Czerkas even
said something about they having done multiple CT scans of the thing
(and there being no suggestion of forgery). "Must be one of those
viscious palaeo-rumours", I said.

Sorry if I'm making little sense. I still feel like it should be 2 in
the morning. Yawn. Jaime, I don't have your email to hand, sorry.

"Luke!!""Carey!!"

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
Burnaby Building
P01 3QL                               [COMING SOON:
http://www.naish-zoology.com]