Re: pterosaur tracks from SVP

T rex also has the head way forwards of the center of gravity- by 15
feet or more.  By your arguement T rex would have been unable to walk
bipedally unless it's head was repositioned from currently accepted
posture.

The posture of the bipedal model was, I beleive, taken from one of Kevin
Padian's works on the subject.
I have photos of the poster (which had their references) but those are
still in my camera, unfortunatly.  I should be getting that set back
within the next week.

I do have my notes from their talk that after the body was sectioned,
that the center of mass (of Anhanguera) was mathmatically arrived via
sectioning the form, and the CM was found to be at the front of the base
of the neck.

I recall that the hunched-table quadrepedal positon (not the sloped-back
position which was eventually succesful and the basis for the animation
on the site) was addressed for 9 months and could not be made to work at
all.  I don't recall the amount of time spent on the bipedal simulation.

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com