Re: pterosaur tracks from SVP

We have articulated the neck vertebrae of Q species at their maximum dorsal,
ventral, and lateral extensions.  They were far too inflexible to achieve the
position you describe, or even anything remotely close to it, and their flight
mechanics and launch did not require that they attempt to do so.  Elsewhere in
their bodies, they have several really neat adaptations that avoid the
consequence of the 'big spiralling mess'.
Jim