Re: pterosaur tracks from SVP

-----Original Message-----
From: James R. Cunningham <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
To: larryf@capital.net <larryf@capital.net>
Date: Saturday, October 30, 1999 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: pterosaur tracks from SVP

(snip)

>> My work appears to indicate Q didn't sprint to take off, but did it
>> from a standing start.

OK. I`m curious. How could such a large pterosaur take off from a standing
start? It had to have room to flap its wings ...no? Did it first jump up in
the air? (were it`s legs strong enough for that?) Did it wait for a
breeze?...That dosen`t seem likely. What if there was no wind? How could it
escape predators on a Quiet day?

PS...Don`t answer today if your quota is up, I`m going to sleep now
anyways....;^O..zzzz