Re: Caudipteryx

>>it's a bird, You question should be "is it Aves or what"?

-Betty<<
That wasn't my question. I know that it's a bird, and it can't be aves since
(by your definition) every bird that survived the K/T is aves and Caudipteryx
didn't. I would like to know the genera _placement_ within birds. So far,
my favorite interpretation is "primitive oviraptor"; dare there any problems
with that hypothesis?

no prblems at all Dan. But if caudipteryx is a basal oviraptorsoaur it cannot be a bird (Aves).Ignore what Betty says, she is wrong I tghink.

Dan