The beak of C. dui

I was just reading about the new species of Confuciusornis that's been
recently discovered, C. dui.  This bird has larger wings then C. sanctus,
very small feet, and a strange, upturned beak.  The beak tapers downward
like normal birds until the tip, where it the beak of the upper mandible
suddenly switches direction and bends upwards.  At first I thought it might
be some kind of mechanism for catching fish, but such a mechanism would make
the _bottom_ mandible bigger, not the top.  Can anyone give any insight as
to what this bird, with its big wings, small feet, and weird beak did for a
living?

Thanks
Dan