Re: megalancosaurus

dangn!
with that neck and forelimb megalcosaurs looks an awfully lot like a
pterosaurid, but that tail looks like it could have come from an
entirely different aniaml, as well as that awfully birdy head.

could this be an arborial, non-volant first-pterosaur descendent?
Something that existed alongside pterosaurs but wasn't one?  perhaps
similar to an iguana?

How similar is the long tail to rhemphorynchinoids?

-Betty

Nick Longrich wrote:

> a while back somebody posted this link-
> http://home.stlnet.com./~azero/Megalancosaurid.html - it's dave peter's
> illos of the megalancosaurs, you can get an idea of how weird they are and
> pick up some refs.
<snip>

--
Flying Goat Graphics