sauropod killers

Greetings,
I've recently re-read Ricardo Delgados' excellent Age of Reptiles: Tribal
Warfare trade paperback. In one of the earliest scenes in the book, a pack of
deinonychs attack and kill a sauropod by jumping up and slashing its neck. I
began to wonder about this. Are the necks of sauropods this vulnerable? Could
a deinonych actually do this? It looked really cool on paper but it seemed
unlikely to me. Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.

                                                    Buckaroobwana

    "Death is but a door, time is but a window, I'll be back..."
                    Vigo the Carpathian 1505-1610