Feathering in coelurosaurs

Hello, All-

I've seen some nice pictures of Gallimimus, Therizinosaurus, Utahraptor, and other large coelurosaurs depicted with feathers. Yet all tyrannosaurs, even the smaller ones about the same size of some these coelurosaurs, seem to have scales. I was just wondering around what size range feathers would start to become more of a hassle than they're worth, and if there's any reason why some of the small tyrannosaurs wouldn't have feathers.

Thank You.
M. Nalasco