Re: DINOSAUR digest 1342

Larry Dunn wrote:

>Rather, I'm imagining just a quick bite for lunch. Seems logical for
>animals with bites optimized for [slicing].  Get in, get a bite off clean,
>then get away before being rendered two-dimensional by the irate goliath.

It's rather a reach, but there are fish that feed this way. There's a small
South American species that IIRC is thought to make much of its living in
nature just nipping bits off its neighbors' fins. Which makes it a very
obnoxious aquarium specimen!

Then, there are those parrots that attack sheep, going for the yummy
kidneys . . .

 Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
  Learn Web or die - http://www.sjgames.com/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!
          The heck with PGP keys; finger for Geek Code. Fnord.