RE: Feathering in coelurosaurs

--- Jordan Mallon <j_mallon@hotmail.com> wrote:

> But, as an aside, note that there has been
> tyrannosaur skin impressions
> found in Alberta that may have a completely
> neutralizing effect on what I
> just said (see:
> http://www.dinosauria.com/jdp/trex/skin.htm).

I have the impression (heh heh) that Dr. Holtz has
said in this very forum that the skin fossil you
describe was "associated with" T. rex remains, which I
assume means that it hasn't been conclusively linked
with the T. rex in question, so it's still open for
grabs.

Also, I wonder if scales *necessarily* exclude
feathers.

=====
Larry

"I've been ionized, but I'm OK now."