Re: Therizinosauroid apomorphies

George wrote:

The name Segnosauria certainly has priority, if nothing else, and should have
been used for this clade instead of being unnecessarily preempted by the new
name Therizinosauria.

For what it's worth, I agree. Segnosauria certainly has priority over Therizinosauria (but not Therizinosauroidea - not that the relevant ICZN rules seem to apply any more to cladistic phylogenies). The name "Therizinosauroidea" has replaced "Segnosauria" in many recent phylogenies. I think we should reserve the taxon "Therizinosauroidea" for a more exclusive clade WITHIN the Segnosauria, e.g.

Segnosauria
 _Beipiaosaurus_
 Therizinosauroidea
   _Alxasaurus_