Re: Therizinosauroid apomorphies

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/4/00 12:23:33 PM EST, tmk@dinosauricon.com writes:
>
> << I believe the name for this clade is Therizinosauria, defined in The
>  Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs. >>
>
> The name Segnosauria certainly has priority, if nothing else, and should have
> been used for this clade instead of being unnecessarily preempted by the new
> name Therizinosauria.

TMK, Segnosauria has not been phylogenetically defined, whereas
Therizinosauria has. Thus, if using PT, Therizinosauria should be
preserved.

Not that it matters, but I think it's better, aesthetically, to have
"Therizinosaur-" taxa all the way up. Consistent.

-- T. Michael Keesey .................................. <tmk@dinosauricon.com>
   My Worlds (including The Dinosauricon) ... <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
   AOL Instant Messenger ........................................ <Ric Blayze>