Re: Feathering in coelurosaurs

Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> The value of gaudy coloration would be lost on most mammals, most of which
> lack color vision. Significantly, primates do have color vision to go with
> their gaudy posteriors.

Let's not confuse coorblindness for lack of color vision. If I remember
correctly, most mammals can see color, they are just colorblind (meaning, they
don't distinguish certain colors) as well as primates or reptiles. Doing a
red-green test on a dog for instance would yield no difference, but use
different colors and they can. Going from memory here though...

Joe Daniel