Re: Feathering in coelurosaurs

----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Dunn <majestic_cheese@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 2:33 PM
Subject: RE: Feathering in coelurosaurs

> Also, I wonder if scales *necessarily* exclude
> feathers.

    They don't on the legs of domestic birds - pigeons and chickens both
include varieties which grow feathers on normally scaly parts of their legs.
Of course, these examples both involve human intervention....
    It seems to me that before we could _totally_ rule out "feathers" in
tyrannosaurids, we would need one with a FULL skin impression - or certainly
more than "playing card sized".
            B.

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World