RE: Therizinosauroid apomorphies

A little quibble, "Therizinosauria" hasn't been phylogenetically defined,
"therizinosaurs" has been...:

"Therizinosaurs may be defined as the aforementioned taxa [_Alxa._,
_Enigmo._, _Erliko._, _Nanshiungo._, _Segno._, and _Therizinosaurus_ - TRH]
and all others closer to them than to oviraptorosaurs, ornithomimids, and
troodontids."  - Russell, 1997, Encyclopedia of Dinos, p. 730.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite