Field stories book idea

 While in Argentina recently, one night we were sitting around the campfire swapping field stories. The idea came to me that it might be interesting to compile a book of such field stories. Anyone who has been on a dig has heard stories or has their own stories to tell. I'm just toying with the idea of sometime in the future compiling and editing a book of collected humerous field stories and wanted to run this by the group for their input. This is the FIRST time I've "gone public" with this concept.

 As I envision it, the book would contain topics such as:

 Amazing find stories.

 Escapes from danger. (Rattlesnakes, rockfalls).

 Practical jokes in camp/field.

 Meals gone bad. (we've all made one or had to eat one).

 Natural disasters (weather, insects).

 Bad work ethics/workers. (For example (and I kid you not) we once had a volunteer in 1981 or 1982 who had a phobia about werewolves. He asked me if there had been any werewolf sightings in Dinosaur Provincial Park. I jokingly assured him (real tongue in cheek) not to worry as "There had only been 2 werewolf sightings in the Park in 50 years. He thanked me and went back to work. But when I went to get him up for breakfast the next day he was gone. He'd packed up his tent in the night and ran off!).

 Anyone have other topic ideas?

 Names would be changed to protect the innocent (or guilty!) unless they agreed to have their names published. Jokes and stories would have to be in good, clean fun. Submitted items would be anywhere from one or two sentences to several paragraphs.

 Remember, this is just an idea only. I'll think about pursuing it more fully if enough interest is generated. Let me know offline if you would be interested.

Darren Tanke, Tech. I
Dinosaur Research Program
Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology
Drumheller, AB, Canada
                   and
Senior Editor, Paleopathology and Recent
Dento-Osteopathology Bibliography; see homepage
at:  http://dns.magtech.ab.ca/dtanke