Re: Bambiraptor feinbergi

(snip)

>"This species is truly a dinosaur Rosetta stone," said Martin Shugar, the
>institute's director, referring to the tablet found 200 years ago that
>helped archaeologists decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics.

A shame it couldn't have received a genus name more befitting such an
important taxon, instead of something with such childish connotations.

>Shugar persuaded Michael Feinberg, a Hollywood, Fla., investor and
philanthropist, >to buy the specimen for an undisclosed price and lend it to
the museum.

I suspect this has already been discussed, but have any steps been taken to
assure that the skeleton will *remain* in a museum collection, or will it
eventually be returned to Michael Feinberg, who I assume remains its legal
owner?

>Linster christened the specimen bambiraptor because it's small like Bambi.

Ah, well. It *could* have been worse. We might be stuck with "Elmoraptor" . .
.

Caitlin R. Kiernan