Re: Pre-archosaur...was : What came before Eoraptor?

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Larry Febo wrote:

> >I have a couple of cladograms at
> ><http://dinosauricon.com/taxa/archosauromorpha.html>.
>
> I`m not sure I like either of them. In Dave Peter`s, Prolacertiforms are
> grouped under Ornithodirans, but I thought to qualify as Ornithodiran, it
> must have an "advanced mesotarsal" ankle, and I thought that prolacertilians
> had not yet achieved that feature.

Ornithodira == {_Pterodactylus_ + Neornithes}

In Dave Peters' phylogeny, this includes not only prolacertiforms but
pseudosuchians and some other groups. Rather different from the usual
membership.

What do you find wrong with the first one?

-- T. Michael Keesey .................................. <tmk@dinosauricon.com>
   My Worlds (including The Dinosauricon) ... <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
   AOL Instant Messenger ........................................ <Ric Blayze>