Re: Bambiraptor feinbergi

Truett Garner wrote:
Let's see ... Bambiraptor , Tinker , ...what's next? Pokemonosaurus ?
Thumperodon ?Poohtyrannus ?!! Yeeech !!!

Although I do agree with you and everyone else that thinks "Bambiraptor" is quite an unfitting name, I keep thinking back to something Bakker said in the book "Hunting Dinosaurs". I don't have the book with me now, but I think I remember him explaining that he likes simple names just because they're easier to remember. He used his "Drinker" and "Opisthocoelicaudia" as an example. So, in a way, I must also agree with him. Bambiraptor is quite a memorable name (as compared to Micropachycephalosaurus).

- Jordan Mallon