Re: Pre-archosaur...was : What came before Eoraptor?

-----Original Message-----
From: T. Mike Keesey <tmk@dinosauricon.com>
To: Larry Febo <larryf@capital.net>
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Friday, April 07, 2000 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: Pre-archosaur...was : What came before Eoraptor?

>What do you find wrong with the first one?

I don`t like the fact that it splits prolacertiforms off from the
archosauriformes. Prolacertiforms is perhaps a bad term. Some say it is
questionable that they led to modern day squamata. I`m not sure,...(maybe
they actually did), but I also think they led to the archosaurs as well.
Mainly because many of them possess an antorbital fenestra, a key feature of
true archosaurs, and they appear at an early enough time to be ancestral.